A fast and furious scramble to bring back two retrieves over the obstacle course in the fastest time!
Whilst other gundog scurries require careful thought and consideration, here speed and tenacity is key!
In the Up ‘n’ Over obstacles take the form of 4 ‘walls’, which span the width of the arena. Two ‘seen’ dummies are thrown in between these walls, and the dog with the fastest time for both retrieves wins.
Great fun and highly competitive, Up ‘n’ Over will give you and your dog the chance to show off your quality training.
Enter the Up ‘n’ Over at the Kelmarsh Show at the Gundog Entry Tent.
PRIZES (on each day of the event)
1st Place – £50
2nd Place – £30
3rd Place – £15
Junior Prize – Goody bag from Muntjac Trading
- Two seen dummies will be thrown
- The dog must be sat unrestrained, off the lead in the marked box area any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- Send your dog only when the timekeeper tells you to
- The Clock will start when the dog crosses the line, any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- The clock will be stopped in-between retrieves. The timekeeper will tell you when to send your dog on each retrieve.
- Only one dummy at a time is to be retrieved.
- At no time is the dog allowed to return to the box and be resent, this is a disqualification
- The dummy must be delivered to hand and all four paws in the marked box area before the clock will be stopped
- The dog that retrieves the dummies in the fastest time wins
- If your dog leaves the scurry arena it’s a disqualification
- No bitches to be run in season
- The judges decision is final
- Re-entry is permitted
- Any challenges to a decision needs to be made immediately after your run to the Gundog Organiser. Decisions cannot be altered after this.
** All dogs and owners are entered at their own risk.